Southside Community Centre is a place for community. Southside Community Centre Association works in partnership with Edinburgh City Council which owns the building. It is a hub for creativity, community engagement, cultural exchange and lifelong learning. Equality, diversity, and inclusion are at the heart of everything we do. We strive to create an environment where every individual feels, safe, valued, and respected.
- Promote social interaction.
- Improve the health and wellbeing of residents.
- Provide opportunities for all ages and abilities to develop knowledge and skills.
We programme a wide range of classes, activities, and events. We believe participation in creative, cultural and social events creates a sense of belonging and enhances social cohesion. We welcome new members, and fresh ideas that would help promote and develop our mission.
The Centre offers for hire:
- Two general purpose activity/meeting rooms.
- A large hall/auditorium.
- A café and fully equipped kitchen.
Diversity, equality, and inclusion statement
- We are committed to diversity, equality, inclusion, and compassion.
- We unequivocally condemn intolerance, racism, and all forms of hatred.
- We seek to listen and learn, and to amplify the voices of under-represented and mis-represented communities.
- We approach this work with integrity, optimism, courage, and humility, knowing that we will make mistakes, learn, and adapt along the way.